Bringing home your baby from the hospital for the first time can be overwhelming, especially if it’s your first time. Trying to figure out if the baby is hungry or sleepy or needs a diaper change can be exhausting. And while you do have to cater to your new roommate’s needs, it’s also very important to take care of yourselves.
These are my 5 Pip’s TIps for the first month of your newborn’s life:
- Put your baby to bed with eyes open
- Daytime naps should be no more than 2 hours each
- Tummy time – 5 times a day, 5 minutes each
- Neck stretching with every diaper change
- Mom needs 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night, so Dad is in charge from 9p-1a
Watch the video to learn more about these rules and why I encourage them.